Saturday, February 19, 2005

Update Number 3!

That Bald Guy - Raining Again
Last update consisted of three strange songs and then a rather normal one on the end. This time I start off with the fairly normal track and go on to the odder stuff. Anyways, like the last track from the last update, this song is new song from a fairly major artist with a new album which is relased on March 22. Unlike the artist's last few albums, it appears to be bedning more towards the alrternative/pop side than to his electronic stuff, though it doesn't conatin any speed metal like his 1997 disc did. However, I'd have to say I enjoyed this album more than the recent albums of electronic artists such as those French robots, or that other bald guy, or that group with the guy with the lousy haircut who doesn't actually do much in the group anymore. It's got a very new-wavish 80s sound at parts, and at other parts it reminds me of that other big group with a bald guy.

Off The Beat - A Fifth of Beethoven
A few weeks ago Andre Kepple relased his flash movie "Up the Skit Creek", which I provided a few voices for as well as sending Andrew some music tracks tha he was looking for as well as other music tracks that he wasn't look for. The first skit featured this song, which features a university acapella group covering the funky disco rendition of Beethoven's Ffith Symphony from the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack. The original file name of this said "U Penn Penn Six", while the ID3 tag said "Off The Beat". Which is true? I don't know.

Bugs Bunny - Buggin

A few days ago it was announced that KidsWB are coming out with a new cartoon this Fall, called "Loonatics" in which Bugs Bunny, and other classic Looney Tunes characters, have been "reinvented" into "edgy" crime fighting super heroes in the year 2772. Many are outraged by this recent development, while other such as myself would like to wait for the series to come out before any judgement can be passed. Though, from what I keep seeing and hearing about it, my hope in it turning out good, is dimisnihsing little by little. Anyways, you can search it up on the net for more adiditonal info, if you're interested, since lots of sites have been reporting this. This whole event, about trying to make Bugs Bunny more hip for a new generation of fans reminded me of this song from the "Space Jam" soundtrack. Now, when Space Jam came out, I was actually strangely obsessed with the thing for reasons I still don't comepltely understand. But I ended up buying several action figures including one of Michael Jordan, and I've never really beena sports guy either. Anyways, this track features Bugs Bunny and a few other characters rapping. I also own a copy of Mickey Mouse's rap cd, but that'll be for antoher day.

Mr. T - Treat Your Mother Right
Now besides Bugs Bunny getting a new a cartoon, Mr. T is getting a new comic book! That's right Mr T returns in a new comic book courtesy of UK comic company APComics. For more info on this go here . Back in the 80s, Mr T came out with a few Children's albums like "Mr. t's Commandments" to teach children the importance of staying in school, drinking their milk, and obeying their parents. This track has got Mr T rapping about how to treat your mother, with some very new-wavish synth music reminscent of Human League or Gary Numan. This song is also fitting because it was my mom's 50th birthday on Friday.

And that's the end of that chapter.

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2005 at 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hail the Bob!

Make another cartoon damn you!

 
At February 26, 2005 at 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. I could've used the second song when I was looking for it last week. (I [heart] Limewire). But still, thanks. Now animutate for us!

 
At February 26, 2005 at 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, Off the Beat is the correct one, or so I've learned. My friend told me about them, and I also saw their website. They're pretty good.

www.offthebeat.net

 
At March 12, 2005 at 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is there any chance of seeing an mp3 of Bicycle Ride by Naivepop? It's on my top 5 list of "best tunes ever", but I simply can't find it. @_@ Heck, I'd buy the CD if I could, but I don't have a credit card, and I'd be a little leery about ordering things off of foreign-language sites anyway.

 
At March 19, 2005 at 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's bicycle race :P
Anyway, I also want that mp3 too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home